After living life to the fullest for 89 years, my beloved Grandma (Oosting) passed away yesterday. We are so sad to see her go, however, we know that she is no longer battling her dementia and the infections that too often frequented her body. My grandma was one of the wittiest, most loving and strongest women I knew. Although it was difficult seeing her in her last days of life, I am grateful to have spent time with her last week and share a final moment with her before saying "goodbye." She was an incredible trooper over these last couple of weeks when her health began to deteriorate more and more. True to her strong nature, she waited until my Grandpa and her children were with her, holding her hand as she took her last breath.
This "story" captures my Grandma so well and brings me tears as I recall who she was and all the memories of her that I will cherish in my heart forever! We have peace knowing that she is resting (warmly!) in Heaven, teaching the angels how to make her famous lamb cake and watching with joy down on the family she loved so dearly.
Please pray for our family and especially for my Grandpa who will be facing the days ahead without his beloved wife and best friend of 61 years.
We love you Grandma and we look forward to spending eternity with you!
Grandma with me and Teagan at the nursing home a couple of months ago.
Monday, July 21, 2008
my beloved grandma
Posted by tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Brooke, Tim, and Teagan-
We are so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Susan and Dirk
Brooke,
I was just thinking about you today and wondering how your Grandma was doing. I guess for her the answer to that question is wonderful beyond anything that we could imagine. I am praying for you that the days ahead with your family will be comforting for all of you.
With love,
~Sara
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We are so sorry for your loss, but rejoice that your grandma is in Heaven.
The Zuidemas
So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma dear! Know that you, your family, and especially your grandpa will be in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come.
Brooke your grandma sounds like a wonderful woman, what a great tribute they made for her on the link you shared. ~Sarah
Brooke,
I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in the memories you share.
love, Stacey
Brooke,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss - and yet I know your time with her here on earth was so rich and meaningful. May you feel God's comforting arms as you grieve your loss. I will be praying for you...
Love,
Christen
Post a Comment