Voting

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dedication

We had a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday, not only because it was my 1st, but because Teagan was dedicated at our church! Tim and I publicly committed to raising Teagan as a child of God, modeling what it means to have a personal love relationship with Him with the desire that one day she will make the decision to receive Christ as her personal Savior! We were so blessed to have over 20 family members join us for this special day both at church and for a grill-out (although Tim was the only one out grilling for us all in the pouring rain! Whatta man!) at our house afterwards. Teagan was such a trooper and did a fabulous job despite hardly eating and sleeping all day! We are so honored to be given such a precious jewel to raise! Our prayer for her (which was displayed during her dedication) comes from Ephesians 3:17-19:
"I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."


Teagan looked adorable in her little white dress!


Sitting still for this photo shoot is hard work!


The church service (there were a lot of babies born at Engedi this year!) :)


Great Oma with Teagan and Myles!

Teagan says, "Thank you to Great Oma for making a beautiful blankie, to Grandma for making me a beautiful sweater and to Nana for the beautiful bracelet, all to wear on my special day! Thank you as well to Great Aunt Wilma for the wonderful books and to Aunt Jess and "Uncle" Mike for my "Opie" (the octopus) and cool biker shirt!"
We appreciate everyone's help and contributions in making this such a special Mother's Day!

********************************************************

Teagan had her 4 month check up this past week. This was the first time since we found out we were pregnant that I attended a doctor's appointment by myself, however, we were able to stop by after the appointment to see Daddy at his work site so he could give his little girl some kisses after her shots. :) Teagan is in the 75% range for her weight and in the 90% range for her height! We always said she looked long! And on the bragging front, the doctor was also impressed with how strong she was and said that her skills were advanced for her age. :)
Here are some recent pics of our little pumpkin pie!


Teagan loves riding this truck!


Our happy girl!


Mmmmm....I love my toes!


Playing with Daddy and Bailey in my backyard (I shriek and giggle when Bailey chases his ball!) :)

4 comments:

Corrie and Phil said...

As always, I love your pictures! You must have purchased another camera. That's good news for all of your blog followers. :) The dedication looked special, and I love seeing your smiling little girl.

jess o said...

Love the update and pics! I have the purdiest and most precious niece ever! :)
luv, aunt jessie

Katie said...

She is absolutely precious!

Anonymous said...

Teagan is a doll. I love the pic of her in her dedication dress. I'm glad you went to that seminar..social workers are in a "servant", selfless profession with risk for emotional burnout. You need to be encouraged every once and awhile...it helps change your perspective on things.