I wish I had some updated pictures to post (these were taken last month) but we have yet to purchase a new camera (again). We hope to do this sooner rather than later as our little Teagers is becoming such a big girl and I miss capturing these moments on film! Tim and I have enjoyed reminiscing lately as it was one year ago this weekend that we found out that God had created Teagan!
I can't believe she will be 4 months old tomorrow! It seems as though she's gone through a growth spurt the past few weeks as she is sporting a few new rolls (and occasionally waking Mommy at night b/c she's hungry). She has her next check up on May 12 and we're anxious to see how much she weighs now. Her new favorite discovery is her TOES! She likes to suck on them like Popsicles. :) She has also discovered more of her vocal cords and her soft shrieks (happy noises) have now turned into more of a scream. Loud scream. I think she actually scares herself sometimes. :) We LOVE how interactive she is now too! She is a happy baby and her smiles melt our heart! She especially likes laughing at her big "brother," Bailey, when he chases his ball outside. This is a really fun stage as she is noticing things around her so much more (although feedings have been a new adventure as she turns her head at every little noise she hears) and seems to learn something new everyday. She's so attuned to things around her and is beginning to definitely show preference to Tim or I when in a group of people....so don't take it personally if she breaks down while holding her...it just means she's developmentally on target!! :)
SO, in lieu of all these changes, we are preparing ourselves for a big step tomorrow night................moving Teagan to her "big girl" bed! Yup. She will be moving to her very own room and be sleeping (we hope) in her crib. To be honest, this is probably going to be more difficult for us than for her! :( However, we know it needs to be done, not only because she's getting close to exceeding the weight limit for her bassinet, but also because the longer we wait to do it, the harder it will be for all of us. Even though she's just going to be across the hall, in some ways, I wonder if the feelings we're having are a small peak at what lies ahead in this journey as parents....realizing that we can't be next to her, watching over her and protecting her at all times, but rather, entrusting her to God and encouraging her independence. I can imagine these "steps" only get more difficult as children grow up!
I have been back at work, as an International Adoption social worker, for about one month now. I praise God for the ways He has been walking with us during this time as the transition has gone fairly smooth...not to say that being gone from my sweetie pie (and Tim) :) for 16+ hours/week hasn't been challenging, but I continue to be affirmed that this is where God wants us. I am so grateful for my awesome mom who is providing Teagan the greatest care while I'm gone! I am also so grateful for my "team" at work as they've given me such support and grace as I make this transition. I'm still in the "training" phase of the job, but I can honestly say that I am loving what I do. I've had a heart for vulnerable children and families my whole life, but since having Teagan, my emotional connection to this issue has been heightened. I am honored to be an advocate for those who don't have a forever Mommy and Daddy to hold them like we hold Teagan. If your arms are available and your heart is interested in learning more about how you can be this kind of person in a child's life, let me know (check out my sister-in-law's blog for some exciting news!!) :) Tim is up and running full speed with lawn maintenance. I am so proud of him as he not only retained 100% of his clients from last year, he has added many more and is steadily growing his business. This, along with firefighting classes and meetings 2- 3 nights/week, make for not much time at home lately. Although he's really enjoying it all, we are both looking forward to June when this part of his firefighting training is done!
Hope you enjoyed the update. :) Blessings to you all!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
big girl
Posted by tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt at 6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
what a big girl! so cute. thanks for the updates sis.
Teagan is getting so big! Can't wait to meet her! Love you all~ Aunt Chris
Gosh, she does look big! I can't believe how much she's growing! looking foward to seeing her this weekend for her big date at church :) love you guys tons!
Glad to hear that the job is going so well. Teagan is really cute! Hope to see you soon.
Cute baby! Glad to see you guys are well.
It was great to hear from you guys and glad to have your blog address now. I didn't even know you had a daughter - so a very belated congrats on that. She is beautiful. Very happy to hear you are doing well.
Post a Comment