Voting

Friday, January 11, 2008

Teaggy Bears

Tim and I were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday and have been having to leave our precious little girl here each night. This has been difficult but we are staying strong and keeping things in perspective in terms of how these past nights are just a small part of the awesome journey awaiting us. Meanwhile, we are spending early morning to late evening (aka early morning...12am or 1am) "living" here in a lounge in the Special Care Nursery area. The great thing has been that they let Teagan go off of her monitors so that she can leave the actual nursery and spend all day in the lounge with us! Our days have been filled with feeding her, changing her, holding her, staring at her and loving on her constantly! She is doing so well! The only reason she needs to stay here is because of the antibiotics that she receives every 8 hours through an IV (which they had to place in a vein on her head...this was a little disturbing at first and broke our hearts but it is really the best place to administer the medicine and all other attempts to place the IV in her hands and feet have been unsuccessful due to her sensitive veins "bursting" or dissolving). Even more great news is that we will be taking her home on Sunday morning as her antibiotic treatment will be over!

Thank you again for all of your love, support and prayers!


The Keeler Family



I passed my hearing test! :)

5 comments:

The VanderZwaag's said...

You don't really know me but I ran track against you (I went to Hamilton) and I also went to Hope. I found your blog through another blog and have been praying for you guys. We have a 6 month old and I too tested positive for Group B. I didn't get enough of the meds. when I was in labor and we too had to stay longer (however not as long as you). We were able to leave together and I remember how worried I was that we wouldn't be able to. Stay strong and know that you all are in our prayers!

The Sandstedt Family said...

What a little sweetie! We were so happy to meet her and are so excited that she is on the countdown to go home and meet Bailey! Let us know if you need anything.
Nate and Jenni

jess o said...

Yay! Great update! And I LOVE the pics - ah, i was laughing at how cute that one is of her w/ her hearing tests. Adorable! :) Glad to hear she passed with flying colors.
I love Teaggy Bear!
xxoo
Auntie Jessie

The De Jager Family said...

Thanks for giving updates on your blog. She looks like such a little sweetheart! Chad and I would love to come meet her hopefully soon. It's good to know you're going home on Sunday with her. Maybe this week we can connect and finally meet the little princess. :) We keep praying for you guys and hope to see you soon! Love ya! ~ Kim (and Chad)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim and Brooke: So happy to hear that you will be taking little Teaggy Bear home on Sunday (Today!!!!!). Love the pictures. We will continue to keep you in our prayers as you make the adjustment of being at home with your family. Love You!!!!
Great Oma and Aunt Wilma