Voting

Sunday, March 30, 2008

reflections of a mother's heart

to teagan
love mommy


YOU


You,
My little ray of sunshine
You,
Who makes my heart beat with a love not felt before
You,
My affirmation that there is a God
(and He is good)
You,
My undeserved blessing
You,
In whose face I see a perfect combination of myself and a man I deeply love
You,
Who makes me desire no other place to be than lying next to you
watching you rest
You,
Who smiles first with her eyes;
My reminder…
That even early mornings can be greeted with joy.
You,
A life of prayers and dreams….
Past
Present
Future
Made into flesh (yet you resemble an angel)
You,
My Gift
My Teagan Alise
(The joy of my being)

3 comments:

Tara said...

thanks for sharing. that pic is so adorable. her smiles are so much like your baby pictures!

Katie said...

What a beautiful poem... it brought tears to my eyes because I feel that way about Haley!

jess o said...

Oh my gosh...that is the cutest pic. And what a beautiful poem, WM! Love it! You're a special mommy! xoxo