Voting

Thursday, February 21, 2008

smiles and sickness


Here is one of our favorite pictures of our little pumpkin. She's been smiling and cooing for awhile now but today marks the first time we've really seen her look at us in the eye, stay focused and socially smile (and giggle!!) at us! It was such an amazing feeling to connect with her in this way! She is our little ray of sunshine!!

Unfortunately, these smiling moments have been few lately as we learned today that Teagan has thrush and is also suffering from GER (gastroesophageal reflux) for which she has been given medication for. We're glad that we took the initiative in calling the doctor today to get her seen as we had a gut feeling that something was not right. Please pray for her (and patience and rest for us as this is adding to the already "peak" season of fussiness for infants!) that these conditions would pass soon and she can be feeling more comfortable and more like her beautiful, happy self!

4 comments:

jess o said...

Oh, Teagers!! :( I'm so sorry, brookie and tim. I am praying for all three of you and especially that she gets healed quickly. Good for you for checking into your suspicions.
Have to say, though...the smilin' squinty eyes and glam smile are so you, WM! Yay!! That pic is so adorable. I wuv my lil' niece!!

Anonymous said...

Awww--poor little one! I'll be praying for quick healing....I can totally relate to being under the weather...I'm sick and Mr. Trey is on his third ear infection:(
Miss you guys! Teagers is adorable!

jess o said...

I love that smiley pic of her...it's the background on my computer. :) love you!

The Sandstedt Family said...

So sorry to hear about her troubles. Ella has battled the thrush he whole 6 months of life....NOT FUN! She has changed SO much since we saw her. What a doll!