Although I realize our lives aren't that interesting to most people, I thought I'd share a little about our weekend happenings. Tim and I enjoyed a date night together on Friday. We ate at "The Barn" restaurant on Friday night in good 'ole West Olive and I fell asleep early while watching the "captivating" news story about Anna Nicole Smith on 20/20. While I do feel that her passing is a sad thing, it's interesting how enthralled our culture is with one person and how with all that is happening in our world, this is what topped the headlines this week. I wonder how many people, out of all the ones that seem to know so much about her life and her quirks, actually cared about her and reached out to her knowing that she was experiencing so much pain. It makes me think about people in my own life that I know are hurting but it's much easier just to talk about them than it is to actually reach out and help them. Hmmm.
Saturday came and allowed for some good sleeping in time (something that most of you know I excel at) before heading out and running some errands at Tractor Supply Company (one of Tim's favorite new stores), Menards and Wal Mart. We came home and cleaned the house and talked about all the projects we have yet to do before we feel completely settled in our new home. It's been about 5 months now since we've moved and it's still a little slow going. I have the ideas but wish I could just hire someone to do the work for me! I was motivated today and started to sand a chair that needs to be re-painted, only to find out that the paintbrush I thought I had I don't. Oh, what to do.
Saturday night we enjoyed hanging out with the old West Side gang at Dave and Katie Zuidema's house. They introduced us to "Dance Dance Revolution" which was quite entertaining to watch (and try...it's a lot harder than it looks!). At least I didn't suggest watching "Saw III"...right guys? :)
We had an awesome service at church today and were reminded of God's covenant of love for us that does not escape in spite of our past and present shortcomings (read Isaiah 54:10). Our pastor emphasized how we can't truly know this covenant of love unless we have the fear of God - a holy awe leading to humble worship and obedience. I'm praying for more of this as well as for a more steadfast spirit in my daily walk (Ps. 51:10).
Tim just arrived home from his indoor soccer game and unlike usual, they pulled off a big win! Now he is out in the garage determined to find that paintbrush that I already know is not out there. Oh, what to do. :)
Sunday, February 11, 2007
weekend happenings
Posted by tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
...we like hearing your stories; keep 'em comin'!
Yeah, I love it too....since I don't talk enough with you guys..We love you guys so much!
mom O
I found your blogsite again--very fun! The fireplace looks AWESOME, Tim! Way to go! Your house looks great! Have us over for dinner and I'll give you as much free decorating advice as you'd like, including helping you pick paint colors and prioritizing which projects will give you the most bang for your buck!
Bridget
Post a Comment