Voting

Saturday, February 3, 2007

brrrrrr.........

The blizzard of '07 has arrived! It's soooo cold (9 degrees...feels like -9... with 30 mph winds)!! Please pray for my hubby as he is currently snow plowing and has a long night ahead of him. He left around 3pm and probably won't be home until 2am. I'm grateful for the income that snow plowing brings in, however, it always makes me a little nervous when he goes out in the kind of weather conditions that everyone else is told not to drive in! Tim is such a trooper and never complains!

I did venture out in this treacherous weather to do some grocery shopping at good 'ole Aldi's...bad timing but we ate the last thing we could think of and the cupboards were empty. As I was leaving the store, I noticed a woman who looked about 75 trying to carry a handful of groceries to her car. I ended up putting her big bag of bird seed in my cart and we pushed it through the snow together...heads down and hunched over. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself at how tenacious this woman must be to drive out in the blizzard to get a gallon of milk and some bird seed. She even told me how she was snow blowing her driveway earlier today. All I have to say is: WOW.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke & Tim,

Getting any sleep, Tim? We are thinking of you as we are huddled in the condo.....:) Getting a little cabin fever!! Hope you are both staying warm!!!

Love you guys,
mom o