Fall is one of our favorite times of the year and although it's going by too fast, we've had the opportunity to do some fun things. Here's a recap of a few of them:
CRANE'S U-PICK
It's our tradition each year to go to Cranes Orchards in Fennville and pick apples and we loved watching Teagan experience her first time doing this! After trying to fit it into our schedules over the last month, we finally had some time today to go. It was a beautiful Fall day and we had a great time! 






HOPE COLLEGE 5 YEAR REUNION!
It's been five years since I (Brooke) said farewell to college life at Hope (and six years for Tim!). We had the opportunity to re-live some of the good 'ole days by meeting up with friends at the reunion party at New Holland Brewery and then hanging out at the Dieleman's home. Tim also played in the alumni soccer game that morning. It always amazes me how he can just jump right back into the game like he never left. I wonder what it would look like to have an alumni track meet...actually, I don't want to know how long it would take me to get around that track right now. :)
After the game (Teagan is sporting her Hope College onesie - thanks "Aunt" Stacey!)
Teagan finally got to meet her future college roomie, Clare (Phil and Corrie's beautiful baby girl)! :)
Our tradition "girls picture."
The guys finally agreeing to do a "guys picture" (in mockery of us, I'm sure)
NEW LIFE
I had the unique privilege to support a young woman I've been mentoring over the past 5 years as she gave birth via C-section to a beautiful baby boy, Jayceon, on Friday. I enjoyed the "new" perspective of this procedure, sitting in the chair next to the operating table rather than on it! It was truly an honor to be able to witness this incredible miracle of new life and makes me even more in awe of the awesome God we serve!

Saturday, October 18, 2008
Fall Happenings
Posted by tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt at 1:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
You guys looks so happy :) I love how Teagan is actually trying to eat that apple...good for her. Thanks for the updates...very cute! Take Care!
I love that pic of her eating the apple, too - and sitting in the wagon...actually ALL of them are just so adoreable. :)
Glad Teaggers and Clare-Bear got to meet - most people go in potluck or meet their roomies a week or two before college starts...good that you guys got that out of the way right off the bat. :)
And very cool that you got to experience the c-section; you are a great mentor and faithful, loving friend!
xoxo
I agree with Jess about how great it was for our daughters to meet at such a young age. Hopefully they will already be GREAT friends by the time they move into Gilmore in 2026. YIKES! Isn't that a scary thought?!
Great pictures! Going to the orchard looked like fun. How cool that you got to be a part of that birth! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment