Voting

Monday, October 6, 2008

big day!

Teagan took her 1st STEP today!! Tim and I were in the kitchen finishing dinner and watching Teagan play in the living room with Bailey. All of a sudden, she stood up (this is a new thing within the past couple of weeks), balanced longer than she normally does (with Bailey's blue "baby" - his stuffed animal - in one hand), and moved one foot forward! It was awesome and we were so geeked! :) She had a glimmer in her eye and a big smile on her face as we were praising her and hugging and kissing her.

Speaking of kissing, she ALSO learned to kiss us back! We discovered this right after she took her first step. We were in heaven! She will lean towards us and hold her mouth slightly open with her lil' tongue sticking out just a bit. One of the neat things about this is that she gaining those receptive skills...she understands what we mean when we say things like "give Daddy kisses!" It's really cute! :)

Here are some recent pictures of our lil' babe who is growing up way too fast!!


A few moments after the big step!




Our wild one! This is the day she fell into my plate of baked beans (at a picnic) and stained her shirt. :) Because it was already ruined, I didn't put a bib on her when I fed her later that day....and this was the result. :)


Playing with her friend, Ella.


Caught ya! I was making dinner tonight and turned around to find this! :)


After a bath


Taking a walk on a beautiful Fall afternoon!

10 comments:

Sara said...

YEAH! beautiful pic's of the little peanut! Thanks for keeping us posted ;)

jess o said...

WOW! So much in just a couple days! I knew she'd be taking that step soon; what a big girl! And the wild hair/baked beans pic cracks me up! :) Love the Fall one of her and daddy, too.

Keep 'em coming!

Katie said...

Yeah Teagan! How fun! She gets cuter every time I see her! What a big girl.

kimberly said...

Too cute! What a little munchkin. :)

Tara said...

Yeah Teagers! What a big girl!

Anonymous said...

awww.... how exciting!!! :) what a fun time for you all. miss you guys!

way to go, Teagan!!

Corrie and Phil said...

Such fun milestones. It's hard to believe how quickly our littles ones change. Continue enjoying every stage!!!

Anonymous said...

she's just tooooo young to be walking already :)

Your "wild one" is adorable!!

Aunt Olga

Sarah said...

Nice back pack : )

Jennifer and Erik said...

Oh my gosh!!! She took her first steps! I am so excited for you guys. These pictures are great and I can't wait to see Teagan walk with my own eyes :) See you soon!