Voting

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

the irresistible revolution


I'm almost finished (sorry it's taken me so long, Rich!) with a book by Shane Claiborne called, "The Irresistible Revolution: Living As An Ordinary Radical." If you haven't read it already, it's a must read! Shane discusses what it means for Christians to live like the early church, to step out of the comfort zones that our western culture has told us we need to stay in and to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a broken world. He documents his journey to Calcutta, to Iraq (has some interesting thoughts on war) and to the streets of Philadelphia to live among the poor in an intentional community called "The Simple Way.". This book will "comfort the disturbed, disturb the comfortable, and invite believers to change the world with Christ's radical love."

1 comments:

Tara said...

I haven't read this one yet. I noticed on University Christian Church's (church we hope to attend in Cinci) that they are attending a retreat with Shane. I should pick this up after graduation/moving. Thanks for sharing