Voting

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tulip Time

Last week we ventured out for the infamous Tulip Time Festival here in Holland. To be honest, though I have strong Dutch roots, I don't get into all that much. However, now that we have kids, especially one lil' girl who was completely enamored with tulips and Dutch dancers, the festival was more enjoyable this year. We really only made it downtown a couple of times, one to bring the kids to the Kinderplaats event which is a like a little fair just for them and the other a mid-day stroll with just me and the kids. My favorite part of the week was seeing Teagan's beaming face as she ran around in the beautiful Dutch girl costume that my step mother-in-law, Dottie, made for her. She loved wearing it (almost every day) around the house and at Kinderplaats. It was SO adorable and Dottie did such a wonderful job! I even dressed up in Dottie's old Dutch costumes to take some pictures with my lil' Dutch girl (pictures possibly to come later as they were taken on someone else's camera).


Our lil' Dutch girl (opting for her cowgirl boots instead of wooden shoes)! :)

Our adorable lil' Dutch boy (he'll probably get an "official" costume next year).

My three favorite people! :)

Me and my lil' lovies!

Besides the petting zoo and craft stuff, this jumping pen type thing was the only blow-up activity at Kinderplaats that Teagan had interest in. Unfortunately, her enthusiasm didn't last past the entry way door. She stayed attached to this wall the entire time until I finally went to go rescue her. Maybe next year. :)

Learning how to do a little bit of Dutch dancing. Teagan practiced her moves at home all week. :)

Trying on wooden shoes....a little big yet!

Making a bracelet with Daddy.

Thank you, Grandma, for making me feel so special! xoxo Teagie

5 comments:

Brent and Ashlea said...

Oh my gosh!! Soooo adorable!!! I love these!!!! Teagan is so precious!! And Wyatt is such a little doll!!! I don't know how you can even stand it?!! I can't wait to spend time with you, Tim, & the kids (maybe Bailey too?) in August!!!

Love, Ashlea

Katie said...

Great pictures... you are so blessed!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures Brooke!!! Brings back memories of when we went out for Halloween dressed up in our dutch costumes. Teagan is so cute. And Wyatt is getting so big already. Love You!! Aunt Wilma

Anonymous said...

Beautiful costume..and Wyatt is so adorable with that round face!

Corrie and Phil said...

I can't believe how big they are getting...especially Wyatt! WOW! What special pictures.

I was never that big into Tulip Time either, but I actually wish that I would have been around for it this year. I miss being home!