Voting

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Goodbye...


Pillow.

Yes, after ____ years (I'm too embarrassed to admit how many....let's just say I remember using it when I was in grade school), I parted ways with my beloved pillow, my faithful companion at sleepovers, on road trips, in beds all around the world, my sort of security blanket. I even had it shipped to me after leaving it at a hotel during my honeymoon....that's how much I loved it, for sentimental reasons, really. I toyed with the idea of keeping it even longer, for these sentimental reasons, however, I've come to terms (with some help from certain other people in my life...hehe) with the fact that it's just plain...gross. So beloved pillow, thank you for letting me rest my head on you for all those years. I will forever remember you (tear). :)

Here is it's replacement. I promise not to keep it as long.

Hope you're proud of me, Mom. :)

2 comments:

Oma said...

Amazing Brookie!!! ..simply amazing...how many years you had that pillow!!!! Wasn't Ronald Reagan president when you got it? You are going to be alright though...I promise...if you need to talk about it..I'm there...I love you..(tear tear of pride:}

Anonymous said...

You are such a brave person !!! I wonder if your little girl will also want to keep her many wonderful things? Im sure you know by know that I to have many things that I have saved just because of the wonderful memories. I think I may have even passed some of the THINGs down. Love you!