
It's interesting how much less this pregnancy "consumes" my mind like my pregnancy with Teagan did. I feel a little guilty at times about this but I honestly think it's because I feel like I just did this (okay, I DID just do this!). :) Overall, I'm grateful for the familiarity of being pregnant and for the reduced anxiety of all the unknowns that can come with having a baby....although the anxieties surrounding having two kids under two does plague me from time to time! Despite feeling more nonchalant this time around, my excitement and anticipation for our baby boy has been growing each day! I just got back from a local consignment shop where I got some good deals on boy clothes (and maternity clothes!). It felt strange to be shopping in the boys section but fun at the same time. Also, one of the biggest reasons for my growing preoccupation and excitement for this pregnancy is all the movement I've been feeling. I'm at the point now where my stomach is moving when he kicks and squirms. I love it! This has made everything so much more "real" for Tim and I! Also, I'm finally starting to "pop" so my wardrobe has changed almost completely over to my maternity section (which secretly I don't mind since I think these clothes are cuter than my regular ones...is that strange?). :)
Teagan has been really into babies lately which is sweet to watch. Unlike the past, she did really well last week when I held my baby nephew for a long time. She was really into "petting" him and saying "hi" in a cute, high-pitched voice. She also likes to take the baby blankets in her bedroom and lay them over her stuffed animals (and occasionally Mommy, Daddy, and her sippy cup...at separate times of course). We talk about how this makes them feel warm and cozy. She usually follows this by giving them kisses. ;) Along with increasing her nurturing side, she's also been keeping other kids (and occasionally Bailey) in line by telling them "no no" when they're doing something that we don't allow her to do. She's going to be a great big sister! :)
In reflecting on my pregnancy thus far, it's been much the same as when I was pregnant with Teagan. My first trimester was full of yuckiness...mostly just really nauseous and fatigued. I didn't want to get off of the couch but this apparently is not possible when you have an active one year old. :) No, I never throw up (so many people ask this question!) :) but there were times I think I would have felt better if I just did! :) I had a lot of cravings that first trimester....really healthy ones like McDonald's cheeseburgers, jamocah milkshakes from Arby's, ramon noodles, and pizza. :) My second trimester has been much smoother for which I am grateful and those cravings are still there although they are less (and now sweet and sour hamballs have been added to the list!). Of course, there are still bouts of nauseousness and fatigue but they are more manageable. I'm also experiencing some pain around my tailbone area (aka upper butt muscles). This is most likely from a combination of the pressure of my uterus on the tailbone along with tearing or straining those muscles (probably from a 4 mile walk I did with a friend...boo to being out of shape!). This has caused me to have some pretty intense pain when I get up from a sitting position or when I'm sitting on a hard surface. My doctor referred me to physical therapy but our insurance doesn't cover this so I'm planning to just bear through it and hope it doesn't get to the point where I have to sit on a donut pillow everywhere I go. :) Another interesting aspect to my pregnancy right now (at least I'm blaming it on this!) is my nighttime grumpiness. Don't know why, but every night around 9:00pm, I start to get really crabby. Poor Tim! I need to learn to just go to bed and not put those around me in misery! :) I hope this is truly just a part of crazy pregnancy hormones and will pass soon (it is, right?!)! Sorry to those who come in contact with me during these evening hours!
Nonetheless, through every phase, good or bad, I am reminded of this glorious gift that being able to carry a new life is. I don't ever want to take this for granted and am humbled that God has blessed me with this role! 
Here's what our lil' guy is up to right now:
22 WEEKS:
"At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily (www.babycenter.com)."
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Preggo
Posted by tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Brooke, you look beautiful! So glad you are joining the "one of each" club. And we won't hold it against you if you get grumpy at Girl's Night on Friday... most of us know exactly how you feel!
Looking good!
Brooke - you look beautiful! We hope everything is going well for you...and Tim is surviving okay! :)
Brooke,
You are beautiful... I can't believe the next time I see you - you might have that little one already in your arms. Isn't life such an amazing miracle??? If only some of my clients at the crisis pregnancy center saw life the way God does. By the way, your hair is getting LONG!! =) It looks great! Okay, goodbye my friend... until next time. =)
Love,
Christen
Thanks for sharing the updates, Brooke! You look terrific...more like you went to a big buffet rather than 22-weeks pregnant. :)
The 9:00 grumps can be blamed on pregnancy hormones. I figure that anything out of the ordinary gets to be blamed on that. Use that excuse as long as possible, right?! :)
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!
Yep, I can relate to the lower back AKA upper butt pain. I have had it this time around but didn't with Lillian. Thankfully it has been a little better the last few weeks, so hopefully that means it will improve for you too! And I too get cranky at night... but now that "nesting" has kicked in, that has improved too! Hang in there! You look great :)
I can feel your excitement! So glad the nerves are a little more settled this time. Two kids will still be manageable for you...especially with a second mommy named Teagan!
Post a Comment