Voting

Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's Her Time!

My twin sister, Jessica, is ENGAGED!!! Mike did a great job of planning a surprise proposal on Friday night (although Jess claims she had a strong inclining it was going to happen that night), including dinner at Till Midnight followed by a walk in the deep, snowy paths to the gazebo in beautiful, Christmas-lit Centennial Park. This was followed by a TRUE surprise...family and friends waiting to celebrate with them at Via Maria!

I can't begin to explain how happy I am for my "wm" (aka "wombmate"). We have walked through many good but also difficult paths together, wondering what God had planned for her life and in finding her soul mate. I praise God for his faithfulness and for giving Mike and Jess to one another. My heart was full when I watched her enter that room, be tearfully overwhelmed with joy, soak in the moment, and after many years of her being on the other end, have us say to her "it's YOUR time!"

** FOR MORE DETAILS ON THIS STORY, CLICK HERE!**

Entering the room at Via Maria restaurant.







Mike's friend from work sings in this tenor group and serenaded us with some great songs!


I love my wm! ...and her ring is gorgeous!!


Teagan rubbing Mike's head. :) We couldn't find a babysitter so we took Teagan with us despite it being WAY past her bedtime. She was a trooper and was happy to celebrate with her Auntie Jess and soon-to-be Uncle Mike!


I thought this picture was funny. Can you tell Teagan was partying too?! :)


The sisters (minus Tara - we missed you!).


We love you, Jess and Mike! Blessings on the journeys ahead!

7 comments:

Oma said...

Jess and MIke,

We love you so much!!! and are so excited for you guys...
Love mucho grande,
mama y papa

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing Brooke... I so wish we could have been there! Everyone looks so happy... especially the bride-to-be! A lot of prayers have been answered!

Tara said...

So great. Wish we could have been there. We love you Jess & Mike

kristin root said...

way to go brookie! i knew i could count on you for some pics! wish we could have made it out there! how fun - and i loved the "hope you said yes" sign!

Corrie and Phil said...

YEAH! Thanks for the details and pictures. I saw Jessica's announcement on Facebook, but I figured that it might be a while before we heard the details. Thanks for filling us in on your WM. What a special time for her and your family. Send along my CONGRATS!!!

Sara said...

SO excited for you Jess! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the great pictures, Brooke. Looks like you all had a great time. Your right in saying that it is Jessica's time (God always does that).
Love your Christmasy Look too.
Wish you, Tim and Teagan a very Merry Christmas and God's Blessings in the New Year!!!
Love You!!!
Oma and Aunt Wilma